We meet weekly at a number of sailing venues including Gloucester Docks, Over canal basin at the Gloucester end of the Herefordshire and Gloucestershire canal and Saul Junction at the junction of the Gloucester-Sharpness canal and the Stroud Water canal.
Further information on these sites can be found by clicking on the Sailing Venues tab on our website.
Our Club was founded around 1990 and has grown from a small group of enthusiastic members to approximately 90 as it stands at present. We should say at this stage, that the Club only caters for electric, sail and steam powered models and that internal combustion engines are not allowed on any of the Club’s sailing waters.
Belonging to a club of like-minded boat modellers is very advantageous in that you will be able to meet other model boaters and enjoy a number of more tangible benefits including:
- A regular newsletter and calendar of events.
- Christmas social event with buffet supper.
- Summer picnics in the Forest of Dean.
- Winter social evenings and lectures.
- Coach trip to the London Model Engineering Exhibition.
- Negotiation of sailing venues.
- All-important third-party liability insurance arranged with specialist insurers.
More information can be found on the Club Website